This post has been in the hopper for a few weeks. I got a little distracted... So, backing up to the Sunday before Leo was born... My parents were already stationed at our house, ready for baby action. After church, my husband and my father needed to run a couple errands together. "Why don't you pick up a basketball hoop for the kids?" I suggested. Selfishly, I was thinking how great it would be to have another outdoor option when I'm needing quiet in the house. I had no idea what a complicated project I had initiated. At the sporting goods store, the cost for assembly exceeded the cost of equipment. That should have been the first clue. But who wants to pay for something you can do perfectly well yourself, right? 3 hours into the project, I know two guys who would have paid double the price to end the suffering. Here they are:
See? They're still smiling (through tears) after 5 hours of putting that blankety-blank thing together... The last hour, my mom and I came out to 'help.'
It didn't take too long or too much alcohol before we could have a good laugh about it.
And, oh my goodness, has it been put to good use from the second it was standing. What a help to this sleep-deprived mama. To my Dad and my Husband: thank you, thank you for good-naturedly giving up a Sunday afternoon for the good of the kids.
Well, I love the pic of dad enjoying the beer! It reminds me of all the hours he spent slaving at our house as well!
ReplyDeleteNow that you have a hoop I expect Eustace to improve his dunking skills and Phil may never leave again once we get there!!