Spring teased us this week. She showed up for a few days, giving us reason to bring the lightweight jackets out of storage and roll down the windows in the van... Then she disappeared again behind today's resurgence of winter... Oh well. At least we know she hasn't forgotten us completely.
I've had about enough of posting snowy pictures, though, so today I'll focus on looking ahead to warmer days...
Here's a list of some things I'm looking forward to:
1. My brother and sister-in-law moving home from abroad with their 3 little boys in 11 days. We're counting the minutes.
2. The rest of Lent. Love Lent. Love the sacrifices and focused prayer that make Easter all the sweeter. I'm off my favorite ipad game, and I'm trying to wear skirts on Fridays. Check out Skirting up for Lent at femgenius.com.
3. Our parish's annual fish fry. It's the best, and I'm not just saying that. Everything is homemade, home fried, so yummy. And I love the crowded church hall with people from all around our church's little community, Catholic and otherwise, gathered for food and friendship.
4. Tulips and daffodils. Kid 118 and I planted bulbs last fall, so I'm really hoping for colorful flowerbeds in a few weeks. If they don't come up, we'll just enjoy the neighbors flowers, and I'll try not to be too sad...
5. Pool days. Flip-flops. Coat-less weather. Planting the garden. First Communions. Easter Dresses. Spring Cleaning.
Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment