Hence, Chinese carry-out for dinner last night. Not my best performance.
Anyway, here's a little update on family events:
Ignace was suppposed to have an outpatient surgery on Monday... Unfortunately, insurance didn't cooperate, so we had to postpone for a couple weeks in order to file an appeal. Frustrating. We've opted to try a small bladder procedure to avoid a major reconstruction as long as possible. Praying this does the trick and buys us a couple years, at least...
Side note: Felicity just came down the stairs and asked if she could have a hot drink before breakfast, just to get her day 'started up.' I wonder who she learned that from...
It is cold and very windy outside. We're all beginning to long for Spring!! I'm perusing seed catalogs, researching composting, and planning for summer. We're very excited to put our new raised beds to good use!!
In that same vein, I made a deal with my husband. He helps me plan, plant and tend the garden this summer, and I get my behind in shape to run a 5K with him. Last night, I ran 1.5 miles and it felt great!! Baby steps...
Also on my mind is spring cleaning. Right now, it's all very much in the pondering phase... I think I"ll start with the pantry, today perhaps. I'm realizing there are certain places that haven't been touched since we moved in 2 years ago... yikes.
Lucy has a ballet performance this weekend, for which she's been rehearsing intensely. Her youth company is doing 'Stone Soup' and a Native American piece which she helped choreograph. Fun! She gets to do some partnering, including a lift. Hope little Isaac has been pumping some iron this week...
Of course we're also regularly treated to performances at home, which you can see in the pictures above and below. Love the matching 'costumes.' This was Sunday evening's entertainment.
Also on the agenda this week is a rank ceremony for taekwondo (Victor's earning his blue belt!), basketball practice, adult (plus leo) dinner with friends (yay!), swim and gym, daddy working nights, and as much academic activity as we can muster. Even Leo is hard at work (he really loves reading books! And eating them!).
No comments:
Post a Comment